family fun sunday

A few photos from last night!

If you are looking for a really creative different gift for your mom/sister/friend/etc. check out these amazing paper flowers! I got one for my mom for mother’s day.  It is so unique and lasts forever.  Anemone – handmade paper flowers They have a fan page on facebook too with tons of photos.  Lots of really amazing wedding displays.

_MG_5160

AJ [cousin] Aunt Sherie, Uncle Alan [mom’s bro], Grandma [mom’s mom]

_MG_5178

Happppppy 30th Josh!!!

_MG_5201

I went for a brisk 4.5+ mile run this morning.  I could definitely tell a difference running in Ohio compared to Colorado.  My legs felt great! It was only in the low 40’s, no sun, and windy, so my lungs took awhile to warm up [asthma was worse w/the cold weather too].  Mile 1-2.5 was so sluggish but then I felt great and I breezed through the last mile.  I forgot to look at the clock before I left, so I’m not sure what my pace was.

My dad spotted me running, while he was on the golf course, so I ran over to say hello =)

My mom heard about this great organic breakfast place, kind of a far drive, but we wanted to check it out. Total disappointment.  There was only a buffet option on Sunday, it was completely picked over, and not much to begin with.  We were going to just grab a bakery item but the case had a few flies in it. Ew =( I have had some bad luck with eating out lately!

Then, my mom and I went to go see my bro play his tabla drums at a bookstore close to our house.  He was playing for this organization called Passport Project.  A quote from their website… “Passport Project's mission is to provide exciting education experiences that build community through the arts, encourage respect for diversity and rejection of racism and negative bias, and a passion for learning and the global community.”

I am trying to learn how to use the digi SLR for more than just food.  Bear with me!

_MG_5204

My bro is WAY talented!! So proud of him =)

_MG_5206

This man was visiting from Guinea, W. Africa.  I didn’t get to see him dance, but apparently he is amazing.  He said he was having a really hard time adjusting to the fall Ohio weather.

_MG_5217

_MG_5256

_MG_5261

_MG_5216 _MG_5229

My mom and I ended up eating at the bookstore [joseph beth bookseller].  They have a full restaurant there.  We had a yummy, very late breakfast!

Banana yogurt boat w/granola, fruit, and a blueberry muffin.  I had a strawberry Kombucha drink too. 

_MG_5281

My mom got the egg/toast plate.  I ate half of the banana boat, some of the muffin, a few egg bites, and 1 sausage link.  I am a sucker for sausage.

_MG_5280

Then we headed to Patterson’s Fruit Farm with my aunt, uncle, AJ, and Jenna.  You can’t tell, but this apple was seriously HUUGE!  If you make a fist and wrap your other hand around your fist, that is how big the apple was.

_MG_5294

Gourds!

_MG_5300

Aj + Jenna were super excited about the honey sticks.

_MG_5301

corn stuff

_MG_5315

Pun’kins!!! =)

_MG_5310

Jenna, mom, and AJ

_MG_5319

The kids humored me posing for some pumpkin pics ;)

_MG_5323

They used to be my babies!!! Now they are so big! Jenna is 11 and AJ is 14.

_MG_5324

Jenna wasn’t sure this shot was such a good idea…

_MG_5325

Mom took this one…good job mom!

_MG_5326

_MG_5342

Crazy white pumpkins!

_MG_5343

Then…[we did SO much today!] we went to visit some other family.  So nice catching up!

A little blurry, but these two kids are SO cute.  Cole is 6 and Carson is 3.  Cole was my ring bearer when he was 4yrs old.  I remember the cutest thing he said that day… He was getting a little antsy, waiting in line to walk down the aisle.  I said something to him like “you only have to stay still a little longer Cole..” and he said “I once heard, slow + steady wins the race!” hahah What 4yr old has heard and remembered that??? Too cute!

_MG_5350

AJ, Jenna, my aunt and uncle came over for a quick dinner.  Jenna also shared a cake she decorated at a birthday party last night.  Mayfield is the school they go to [and the one I went too].  The mascot is a wildcat.  I thought the cake was so cute!

_MG_5353

Awesome awesome day with the family!  More to come tomorrow!  Stay tuned! I bought 2 big acorn squashes to make that corn pudding in acorn squash I made a few weeks ago.  Pretty pumped for that!

_MG_5329

Night!!

Ashley          

2 comments:

CinnamonQuill said...

love the white pumpkins; ive been seeing those lately...and i wonder if you can eat them...

looks like you are having a good time!

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

What a fun day! Don't you hate it when a restaurant is so disappointing?

Post a Comment