So, as I told you yesterday, my morning mug of oats photos were deleted =)
Layered oats – Round 2
- 1/3c. oats + 2/3c. rice milk + 1/3c. pumpkin + cinnamon + 1/2 banana
- appx. 2oz. Vanilla Coconut Milk yogurt
- Baked pumpkin/oatmeal bars [they solidified more after the first night and were much better the next day…especially w/a quick zap in the microwave]
- glob of Whole Foods organic creamy [no stir!!!] peanut butter [my new fav. pnut butter, for sure! appx. $3.50]
Loving the clear, pyrex, mug =)
This was my first time eating this coconut yogurt. It is a great substitute for people that cannot tolerate dairy. It had a great consistency [nice and smooth] and good flavor, with a mild hint of coconut. The only downside is the protein count. It only has 2g protein. Regular yogurt has 6g [usually] and Greek yogurt has about 14g! So, while it was tasty, I probably won’t buy it again…
I have been wanting to try making a Green Monster smoothie for awhile. This past week I finally stocked up on some green goods!
Amazing Grass, wheat grass, is the fuzzy looking stuff in the front. Green is not my favorite color, but I think it is my favorite FOOD color!
Ashley’s Green Monster – Round 1
- 1/2 org. pear
- 1 org. whole kiwi [yes, with the skin!]
- 1/4 org. avocado
- 1/2 org. granny smith apple
- 1 packet Amazing Grass wheat grass powder
- 3-4oz. vanilla coconut yogurt [had to use up the rest!]
- 1/4c. low-fat coconut milk
- handful of ice
i <3 green food
Chris has been ALL about the kiwi lately. It is such a great addition to this drink because of its sweet, tangy flavor. The skin is edible, and so good for you!
Layered in the blender. I don’t really know what you’re supposed to put in first…but I started with the ice =) I chopped up all the fruit into chunks and left the skin on the apple and pear as well..but not the avocado ;)
Chris was not 100% sold on my idea for this..especially because I was just winging it with no recipe =) He liked it a lot though and so did I! The grass flavor will take a little getting used to, but overall I really liked the flavor and thickness.
My lunch: green monster in a whiskey glass =) and 2 mini lentil burgers with a light layer of cheese.
Can I just tell you, again, that these lentil burgers are SO good. The mixture [that I made on Tuesday] was still perfectly fresh. The lentils take awhile to cook, but the recipe is super simple. You must give it a try!
I really like when I can put my food in a clear glass/bowl. It’s just more fun =)
Watch out for Green Monster Round 2! I have a feeling these are going to become a quick habit! After I made my first one, I stumbled on the OhSheGlows food blog. She has a whole website dedicated to Green Monster drinks! She also started her own granola bar business [like me!]. Glo Bakery
Have a great weekend and eat something GREEN!!! =)