girl dates

I had 2 fun dates planned today.  One was with my grandma and one was with my good friend Megan.  I went to my grandparent’s house, while my g’pa was running errands.  I made her quick breakfast and then we put together a puzzle…a HARD puzzle.  There were only 300 pieces but it was a painting and the whole picture was kind of fuzzy. 

We managed to get it done in about 1 1/2 hours!

_MG_5449

I am usually only home for a short weekend trip and don’t get to spend much time with my grandparents, so this was fun.

I made 1/2 of last night’s dinner for lunch, with my 2 butternut squash pierogies, and some broccoli.  The pierogies were SO.GOOD.  I sautéed them with a tiny bit of oil until they were brown and crispy.  The leftover squash was just as tasty as last night.

_MG_5450

I applied for a job today!! It is just a part time thing, but they already called me to set up an interview.  I am kind of excited about it, however it has nothing to do with architecture, and everything to do with food!  I found a craigslist ad for a part-time Vegan chef.  I looked into it more and it was for a preschool.  They are hiring a new chef to cook lunch + snacks.  HOW FUN!!! Plus this might lead to other fun opportunities, like in-home catering, or setting up cooking classes for kids at their house.  I’ll keep you posted on what happens with that for sure!

I went on a quick + brisk 3+ mile run.  I knew it would be a shorter run, because I had to shower and get ready for date #2, so I did some intervals of quick running mixed with my normal pace.  Every few minutes I would just run faster for maybe 50-100yds.  It definitely got the blood pumping a little more than usual!

Megan and I went to a fun little restaurant, Tommy’s, in the Coventry area.  Coventry is a cool little artsy neighborhood with lots of fun shops and good eats.  This place has a HUGE menu full of awesome vegetarian/vegan and meat options.  We split 3 things: a platter with falafel/hummus/baba ganous/spinach pie/pita, a pita sandwich with veggies + swiss cheese, AND a strawberry banana milkshake.  Splitting meals is my favorite thing to do!!

It was SO creamy + delicious.  I have had their milkshakes many times…and they might be the best ever =)

_MG_5458

Platter of yumminess

_MG_5462

Look at how pretty this girl is!!! Megan and I have been friends since the 7th grade.  Just one of those life-long friendships you know you’ll always have!  She is an UH-mazing mother of 2 adorable children!  [Logan, almost 4 – Dominic, 3 months] 

IMG_1172

I have to show off her CUTE kids!  Logan always remembers me, even though I don’t see him very often.  He gives THE best hugs and is such a little grown-up.  Dominic is just such a cute happy little baby =)

Look at them! [I couldn’t resist not snagging this photo from facebook, Meg!]

Off to do some food research for a few different things…

One last photo…it was from my last visit home, in August.  Chris + the dogs both came that time.  I miss them!!

IMG_9823

 

Niiiight =)

Ashley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought you were killing me by visiting the west side market in yesterday's post...but TOMMY'S??? I forgot about Tommy's!! Too many college Friday nights spent there. Gah, I miss Cleveland!

ota.bars said...

I will try not to go to any other cool places while I'm home ;) Thanks for the comments!

Jenn/CinnamonQuill said...

Cool about the job! That sounds like a lot of fun, and you would be awesome at it! And that squash looks amazing...

Beth @ Kitchen Minions said...

Congrats on the job interview! How exciting!

ota.bars said...

Thanks guys!! I'm excited about it! =)

Post a Comment