girl dates

I had 2 fun dates planned today.  One was with my grandma and one was with my good friend Megan.  I went to my grandparent’s house, while my g’pa was running errands.  I made her quick breakfast and then we put together a puzzle…a HARD puzzle.  There were only 300 pieces but it was a painting and the whole picture was kind of fuzzy. 

We managed to get it done in about 1 1/2 hours!

_MG_5449

I am usually only home for a short weekend trip and don’t get to spend much time with my grandparents, so this was fun.

I made 1/2 of last night’s dinner for lunch, with my 2 butternut squash pierogies, and some broccoli.  The pierogies were SO.GOOD.  I sautéed them with a tiny bit of oil until they were brown and crispy.  The leftover squash was just as tasty as last night.

_MG_5450

I applied for a job today!! It is just a part time thing, but they already called me to set up an interview.  I am kind of excited about it, however it has nothing to do with architecture, and everything to do with food!  I found a craigslist ad for a part-time Vegan chef.  I looked into it more and it was for a preschool.  They are hiring a new chef to cook lunch + snacks.  HOW FUN!!! Plus this might lead to other fun opportunities, like in-home catering, or setting up cooking classes for kids at their house.  I’ll keep you posted on what happens with that for sure!

I went on a quick + brisk 3+ mile run.  I knew it would be a shorter run, because I had to shower and get ready for date #2, so I did some intervals of quick running mixed with my normal pace.  Every few minutes I would just run faster for maybe 50-100yds.  It definitely got the blood pumping a little more than usual!

Megan and I went to a fun little restaurant, Tommy’s, in the Coventry area.  Coventry is a cool little artsy neighborhood with lots of fun shops and good eats.  This place has a HUGE menu full of awesome vegetarian/vegan and meat options.  We split 3 things: a platter with falafel/hummus/baba ganous/spinach pie/pita, a pita sandwich with veggies + swiss cheese, AND a strawberry banana milkshake.  Splitting meals is my favorite thing to do!!

It was SO creamy + delicious.  I have had their milkshakes many times…and they might be the best ever =)

_MG_5458

Platter of yumminess

_MG_5462

Look at how pretty this girl is!!! Megan and I have been friends since the 7th grade.  Just one of those life-long friendships you know you’ll always have!  She is an UH-mazing mother of 2 adorable children!  [Logan, almost 4 – Dominic, 3 months] 

IMG_1172

I have to show off her CUTE kids!  Logan always remembers me, even though I don’t see him very often.  He gives THE best hugs and is such a little grown-up.  Dominic is just such a cute happy little baby =)

Look at them! [I couldn’t resist not snagging this photo from facebook, Meg!]

Off to do some food research for a few different things…

One last photo…it was from my last visit home, in August.  Chris + the dogs both came that time.  I miss them!!

IMG_9823

 

Niiiight =)

Ashley

5 comments:

klkasych said...

I thought you were killing me by visiting the west side market in yesterday's post...but TOMMY'S??? I forgot about Tommy's!! Too many college Friday nights spent there. Gah, I miss Cleveland!

ota.bars said...

I will try not to go to any other cool places while I'm home ;) Thanks for the comments!

Jenn/CinnamonQuill said...

Cool about the job! That sounds like a lot of fun, and you would be awesome at it! And that squash looks amazing...

MackAttack said...

Congrats on the job interview! How exciting!

ota.bars said...

Thanks guys!! I'm excited about it! =)

Post a Comment